Established in 2004 by Richard Hanna and The Women's Fund of Herkimer & Oneida Counties, Inc., Annie's Fund offers monetary intervention in a temporary, but immediate, crisis. The goal of Annie's Fund is to assist women striving to overcome obstacles and transform their lives.
ANNIE'S FUND FACTS
• Annie's Fund is unique as the only fund of its kind offering life-changing assistance to local women.
• Small grants for critical expenses are awarded to benefit women age 18 or over, or if under age 18, living on her own and financially responsible for herself.
• Grant applications are made through six partner agencies, and grant monies are paid through the partner agency to benefit the applicant, not to the applicant directly. Partner agencies include Emmaus House, Catholic Charities, YWCA, Resource Center for Independent Living, Refugee Center, and Legal Aid.
• All alternative sources of assistance must be exhausted before applying to Annie's Fund.
• Grant recipients are not required to pay back their grant award. They are encouraged to help another woman or make a donation to The Women's Fund if future circumstances enable them to do so.
• Annie's Fund is sustained solely through donor contributions.
• Since its inception, over $120,000.00 has been granted by Annie's Fund.
MAKING A POSITIVE IMPACT FOR WOMEN
The Committee for Annie’s Fund has approved requests for many types of assistance, including issues related to homelessness, domestic violence, employment, education, health and safety, transportation, and child care. All applications are reviewed and approved on an individual basis, and funds are awarded without bias based upon the merits of the request.
Annie’s Fund does what no other organization can. We are able to help in a timely and appropriate fashion those women who have no other options.
DONATE TO ANNIE'S FUND
Your contribution is a meaningful way to give back and pave a brighter future for women in dire need.
CONTACT ANNIE’S FUND