The Women’s Fund seeks to create economic, educational and personal growth opportunities for women of all ages and to encourage their advancement and full participation in the community.
We accomplish our mission by:
- Supporting critical programs aimed at providing women and girls with job readiness skills, employment opportunities, budget/money management skills, positive parenting education, and life skills necessary to maintain safe, healthy, violence-free lives.
- Offering life changing intervention through Annie’s Fund, a unique fund
that provides critical monetary support enabling women to overcome
obstacles and crisis.
- Promoting philanthropy through awareness and education events.
- Responding to the urgent and emerging needs of women and their families.
- Publishing reports that provide pertinent information on the status of
women and girls in Herkimer and Oneida counties.
Some Interesting Facts:
- Women make up 51% of our population but, nationally, less than 7% of the $1.2 billion of philanthropic giving goes specifically to programs for women and girls.
- Women have less social security because they:
- face a wage disparity, earning 76 cents on the dollar that men earn.
- may stay home to care for children or aging parents, saving less
- live longer and, therefore, must stretch retirement funds further.
- Women’s problems continue to plague communities: inadequate and
unaffordable child care, domestic violence and poverty affect both
women and children.
- Women’s problems ultimately become their children’s problems,
impacting their development and that of successive generations.